All posts in this blog are based solely on my own viewpoints unlesss otherwise stated.Should you disagree with me, either comment on site or just get out.Brainless comments will be remove immediately.

July 08, 2006

Those days

This is the only photo I have of THE CLASS OF HOPE, taken after a crazy PE lesson with water bombs and stuff flying everywhere. Who can forget the class that had two of the funniest teachers in the level, *mimic petite Mrs Seah jumping about screaming "Monster!" followed by drawing horns on a mathematical mistake that we liked to make, Mr Gan and his "No future girls, no future" while shaking his head and waving his finger in the most comical manner* the class who had End Of Team Party every term without fail, thanks to our coolest teachers who sponsored stuff like pizzas (18 Boxes!!), much to the envy of all other classes. The only class who spent a term in the air conditioned old AVA room, sneaking off every now and then in between periods to buy food, then blatantly eating them in class, the cushions mania, the jacket fashion show, word search craze, driving a horrible English replacement teacher away, getting scolded by the english HOD who ended up laughing at my amused expression in exasperation, the only class in the whole school who got recognition for the BEST LOGO in the classroom painting compeition, that giant SPIDER WEB that scared off our teachers. Gosh. Now I really miss everyone. =)

Watching my junior college's FIRST ever sports day yesterday really send me hurling through memory lane. Especially after a bad morning with my mother which usually left me too empty to do anything else other than the need for some quiet self reflection. I find myself thinking of my secondary school's sports day, from those days of preparation, risking our lives to tie that giant house banner so that it will stand out from all the other houses, preparing the props and painting the banner, to the actual day itself, dancing that funny family dance (anyone still remembers those steps?), face painting, that really memorable march past where houses tried to out shout each other with our original cheers, teasing my friends from other houses, watching the really HOT cheerleaders which I still think is the best I had ever watched so far, swinging the house flag till my hands ached at the end of the day, cheers,cheers and more cheers. GO GO GO YELLOOOW!*Bongo drum beats*

Then my thoughts turned to my friends. The nine of us who did the craziest things together. Playing badminton EVERY recess, or sometimes it's basketball, table tennis or gym. Rushing out after the last lesson to watch movies. Betting on the most ridiculous things, telling each other the most hilarious jokes, those night study session days--Uncle Morbeen's iced tea, family lounge, beautiful sun sets, throwing coins and leaves into the pond hoping the fish will swallow them and die of poisoning, dinner at macdonalds (dont ever suggest macs to me unless there's no alternative, EVER) or the soyabean shop, then realising at the end of the day that the only productive thing we did was to laugh till our sides ached. Outings and more outings, from J8 or town during school days to beaches during holidays, swimming at Evelyn's place almost every week.(Haha,I think I became very fit due to that!)


Sigh. If only I can turn back time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

don't make me cry, QM.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 10:56:00 PM

 
Blogger ~jc~ said...

*Sniff*

I think someone wanted to organise a class gathering, but I'm not sure if it won't fall through.

I'm also thinking of xiao qiang, for some reason.

Friday, July 14, 2006 8:28:00 PM

 
Blogger QM-pest said...

Xiao Qiang. LOL. >_____<

Friday, July 14, 2006 8:54:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home