All posts in this blog are based solely on my own viewpoints unlesss otherwise stated.Should you disagree with me, either comment on site or just get out.Brainless comments will be remove immediately.

October 18, 2006

Very random

Risk taking.

Just how much risk is a person willing to take?

My brother wanted to use his computer to play a DVD just now when a problem cropped up. It seems that the DVD had been encoded to read region one files, while his computer was set to region two. So he was fiddling around with the options when he saw a notice which popped out suddenly, informing him that he had only four chances to change regions, and once he had used them up he will not be able to change it back again. My brother was stumped.

Me: Why dont you take the risk? After all you can always change it back.

Brother: But that's using up TWO chances! And what if I choose the wrong one?

Me: But it was indicated rather clearly on the DVD that it is region one, and that's USA. Furthermore, even the computer is able to detect that! I think it's rather safe. Using up two chances only means that there will be another two more chances right?

Brother: So? Two chances is alot out of four! What if the DVD was wrong? What if I cant change it back later? That's too much risk to take!

Me: What ifs are only what ifs after all. Why dont you take the risk?It is not like you have only one chance only.

Brother: I dont think I'm willing to do that for such a small thing. That's just too dangerous lah. This computer means too much to me. What if next time I need to change region again but there is no more chance and I'm stuck with this? You know what this means? It means that I can only play limited DVDs from a specific region!

Me: Isnt that the same? You can only play DVDs from a specific region now! Why are you so afraid when the situation is the same?

Brother: But I have always been able to play all my DVDs! This DVD is troublesome lar, it's the problem with the DVD, not my computer. Who ask it to be different?

Me: I cant believe this man.

Brother: I know what I'm doing okay?I'll rather not watch this than to take such a risk that might change my computer permanently.

Me: But it is not permanent wah! You can always change it back! You are such a coward man. So afraid and careful for what? It's not like you are in some life or death situation! Even so, how the hell do you know what will happen if you dont take the risk?

Oh well, I think you can guess what happens after that. My brother, while desperately exploring other ways to get it to work became just as agitated as me. And the simple conversation became a war of words (the "impulsive reckless fat ass" versus the "lousy cowardy pig") with both of us hurling insults the way siblings do. Sigh.

Ahh well.
______

Life can be so funny sometimes. Just look at what happen a few days ago. I was feeling rather frustrated then, after an unproductive day of studying. I ended up in Timezone, spending quite alot of time and money playing HouseOfDead, shooting at those zombies and terror slugs till I felt better . So there I was, coming home happily because I had finally managed to kill that boss after numerous tries when I saw my brother shooting the SAME zombies and little terrors on his play station two while sprawled on the sofa with his snacks and drinks. It turned out that my brother was playing Resident Evil 4, which I think had the same plot and story as HouseOfDead (by the same game designers too if I'm not wrong), complete with all the cheat codes he had somehow managed to install in. Someone kick me please.

______

I think my poor mother has finally lost it or something. She must have had a very strong craving for chicken today, given the three different types of chicken soups and plateful of barbecued chicken wings that appeared on the dinner table just now. How scary.

______

The enlistment letters are making their impact felt.I guess the boys must be feeling so honoured (and secretly glad) to have their girls wetting boxes of kleenex with their salty eye excrement. Soon they will start singing italian opera or something.

One will assume that this is a normal female response but imagine my horror when a guy told me that he had reacted in the same manner while staring at the letter of doom. Not a very pleasant sight I can imagine. I wonder how he will survive his two years of slavery man. Gosh.

______

I'm starting to panic. Time is running out. Everyone seems to putting their expectations on me, whether directly or indirectly. I hate to disappoint people, and most of all myself. Gah. I guess the only thing I can do now is to do my best. =
______

I'm really very touched by those who care. Thank you so much for everything. I really appreciate all the things that were done for me. =)

______


This is my day
This is my song
I am alive what can go wrong?

-This is my song, Carbon Leaf

(Hey, this song is NICE okay?XD)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home