All posts in this blog are based solely on my own viewpoints unlesss otherwise stated.Should you disagree with me, either comment on site or just get out.Brainless comments will be remove immediately.

March 26, 2006

Chaucer

Geoffrey Chaucer Hath a Blog

http://houseoffame.blogspot.com/

Ok, It's not his blog really, but a literature fanatic's from London who probably spent his days studying Chaucer's work. Well, he did indicate in his profile that he likes A Knight's Tale and Canterbury's Tales. Haha. I have found my goal. I'm gonna decipher the entries of this guy as soon as my school starts on A Knight's Tale. Old English is quite interesting really, the beginning of our english and german language. Heh. Soon you will find me blogging like that guy.I think it's quite an effective code actually.=P

By the way, so far the only thing I can understand from this guy's blog is "Ich thonke yow from the bottome of my tankarde." Haha. This guy is serious man. He even posted extracts of Chaucer's work, and conduct some question- answer in Old English. Interesting.

Here's an example:

Sir -Ich wishe for adyce in the matter of fashion and armes. Ys it verrily a mistake to wear a lilyflour in my helm? (Ich have a shylde of golde.)

Thopas

Mon Sire Thopas,By seinte Jerome, finallye someone who kan spelle! Messire Thopas, yow seem a man fair and gent, and Y sholde muchel relish for to tellen yowre tale. Ich shalle have myne peple calle yowre peple. As for the lilye? It dependeth how whethir yow wolde ben 'easte coaste' or 'weste coaste.'

Le Vostre G--

My betrothed, a most wicked man, betrayed me near as bad as Tereus did Procne. His woman of choice commited, though, that villainy which women do best, and tempted him away. Presently it is not legal, where I live, to have either of them killed for this treachery -- what shall I do to avenge the wrong they both have done to me, and to my virtue? Their joy at my grief does pain me so.

-Cor Fracta EstMa Cher Coeur Brisee

Thoughe y love a goode revenge tragedie as much as the nexte guye, y muste counsel yow to a bettre path. Yow sholde maken pece and kepe faithe, not wyth thyne betrothede nor wyth this womanlie Diomede, but rathir with yowrselfe. For vengence aperteneth and longeth al oonly to juges. Remembre yow that pacience is a greet vertu of perfeccioun, and remembre that ther are tymes ordained unto al thynges by the first moevere -- of the ookes, and of the hard stones, and of man and womman seen we also, in youthe as well as age, alle shal be dumped , a kyng as shall a page - som dumped on dates, som dumped by telephone, some dumped in compaignie, som dumped allone - ther helpeth noght, al goth that ilke weye.And thus, take two pintes of hagen dasz dulce de leche, a ful seson of buffie the vampyre slayre, and calle me in the morninge.

Le Vostre G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home