All posts in this blog are based solely on my own viewpoints unlesss otherwise stated.Should you disagree with me, either comment on site or just get out.Brainless comments will be remove immediately.

March 23, 2006

Nice poem

Hawk Roosting

I sit in the top of the wood, my eyes closed.
Inaction, no falsifying dream
Between my hooked head and hooked feet:
Or in sleep rehearse perfect kills and eat.

The convenience of the high trees!
The air's buoyancy and the sun's ray
Are of advantage to me;
And the earth's face upward for my inspection.

My feet are locked upon the rough bark.
It took the whole of Creation
To produce my foot, my each feather:
Now I hold Creation in my foot


Or fly up, and revolve it all slowly -
I kill where I please because it is all mine.
There is no sophistry in my body:
My manners are tearing off heads -
The allotment of death.

For the one path of my flight is direct
Through the bones of the living.
No arguments assert my right:

The sun is behind me.
Nothing has changed since I began.
My eye has permitted no change.
I am going to keep things like this
.

-- Ted Hughes

I love this poem so much! Sets all my imaginations and fantasies off. Haha. I can almost imagine myself as the hawk you know. Ahhh...I dont know why, but I have fallen in love with this poem. The hawk has always been one of my favourite birds and this poem is truly excellent! I love the way Ted Hughs protrayed the hawk....Ahhh....the confidence, the egoism, the boldness, the arrogance, the precision, sleekiness.

Hmm...on closer examination, I think the main reason why I love this poem was that the hawk was an exact personification of what I have always wanted to be in life. You know, that kind of confidence, the ambition driven kind. Living according to my own rules, my own philosophy of life, not affected by any external influence, no matter how harsh, "No arguments assert my right". Haha. Now you know my arrogant and stubborn nature.=P I like to be in control, to feel that I am in charge of a situation. To do what I like. To have the maturity to know what's right or wrong, and make my own decisions.

Hmm, that's enough for now I guess. I'm suppose to be studying for my literature paper tomorrow! Yeah here I am, doing an impromptu analysis of the poem and myself. (Actually that was quite fun!) Ahh...I want my boyfriend to be like the hawk, the perfect gentleman! Ok...that's very out of point. I'm starting to ramble. Better go now. Maybe I will do a more in depth analysis after my test tomorrow.=)

1 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

you're right quanmin, that is a beautiful poem. 'Ol Ted sure loves his animals! (remember the thought fox in sec 3 or 4? haha) anyway, I think you're a really driven person, very motivated and passionate. That's great! Keep it up. P.S I'm sure your boyfriend will be a hawk, because no mouse is going to survive with you! ;)

Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:23:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home